Associate Tennis Professional
Gabby was born and grew up in Davao City, Philippines.
He and his wife Geraldine have four children who are named after the world’s number 1 tennis players at the time they were born; Steffi, Stefan, Arantxa , and Andre.
He was a varsity tennis player at Davao City High School, and won regionals twice in both singles and doubles.
Gabby majored in Marketing and earned a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, from Ateneo de Davao University 1983.
Professionally, Gabby started coaching tennis at age 23 with a group of Professional Tennis coaches in Davao City. He then acquired a Sales & Marketing position as a Medical Representative for 3M-Philippines in 1985 and rose through the ranks to the top position as National Sales Manager before retiring in 1997 to pursue his love of teaching tennis.
Gabby and his family migrated to the United States in 1998 and lived in the Rio Grande Valley for 22 years.
In tennis, Gabby reached the National Finals of the 8.0 Mixed Doubles representing Texas in 1999 (lost to Hawaii in a third set tie-breaker). He was bumped to a 5.0 NTRP Rating after that.
Besides his love for tennis, Gabby is also actively involved in his church. He is an ordained Permanent Deacon in the Diocese of Brownsville and has also been a member /servant leader since 1992, for an international community called Couples for Christ (now called Missionary Families of Christ).
TENNIS COACH PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- 35+ years of tennis teaching experience –including private lessons and group classes for all ages and levels.
- A goal-oriented tennis coach driven to develop successful tennis programs that suit the athlete’s needs.
- Passionate about delivering team spirit to boost the players motivation to be the best.
- Ran drills and fitness programs to improve athlete coordination and skills.
- Patience, easy to adapt to new skills and training programs, and solving issues with innovative approach are among his qualities to help build performance-oriented athletes’ strengths.
OTHER INTERESTS & HOBBIES:
- Ran marathons (including 7 full marathons and several half and mini marathons).
- Road Bicycling (40-50 miles a week).
- Watching Movies
- Playing Guitar and Singing