After a seven-week hiatus in spring 2020, High Point re-opened May 1, 2020. Since then, all tennis and pickleball programs have been going strong! We are determined to remain vigilant — so that players, their families, and our own staff feel confident that health and safety concerns are taken seriously.
We regularly re-evaluate and adjust our protocols. The most up-to-date information is listed below. We thank you for your role in following the protocols listed.
We appreciate your business!
Tennis & Pickleball Play Update
(includes classes, private lessons, court reservations and tennis camps)
- Tennis is open for both singles & doubles play.
- Pickleball is open for both singles & doubles play.
- All youth (ages 5-13) tennis classes are a 4:1 student to instructor ratio. Teen/Adult classes are a 6:1 student to instructor ratio. One additional player is permitted (as needed) in each class for a make up.
- Pre-junior development classes also follow a 4:1 player to instructor ratio. One additional player is permitted (as needed) in each class for make ups.
- Junior Development programs (Future Stars, Competitive, High Performance) have a 6:1 student to instructor ratio. These classes (where there are multiple instructors), permit up to two additional students per class for make ups.
- Face coverings are not required while playing pickleball or tennis.
- No congregating is allowed before or after play.
- Pros supply sanitizer to students after ball pickup.
- Pros sanitize ball carts & hoppers after each lesson.
- Ball machine & ball hopper rentals are available.
- Players are encouraged to purchase a “Play In Plano” debit card for purchases-particularly for junior players buying snacks & beverages.
- Social distancing is required in all situations.
- Pro Shop is open to assist customers with merchandise assistance and sales.
- Customers are welcome to try on apparel. Customers should bring all items (wanted/not wanted) to the front desk when done.
- Racquet stringing is available.
- The number of customers in the pro shop is monitored to ensure social distancing.
- Payment of court fees is encouraged in advance over the phone using a credit card.
- To limit traffic in the shop, we ask that one player pay the fees for all players in their group.
- Limited racquet demo use is available for those interested in purchasing a racquet. Racquet handles are sanitized after each use by a player.
- Each restroom is limited to two people at a time.